Thomas Sundberg

November 1, 2012

A JSF web application

This post is available at


  1. HI thanks a lot for your great work. I’m little bit confused with the different pom.xml. Could you please add the full path for each of them ? Thanks

    Comment by Marcus — April 3, 2014 @ 14:45

    • Hi!

      I added the missing path to the test pom. I hope this makes it clearer.


      Comment by Thomas Sundberg — April 7, 2014 @ 22:09

  2. Hi, great cuke sequence
    I am wondering about one thing in jsf-main pom


    the model code was put/copied into jsf-main, so why the dependency on the jar?

    I believe if you did a mvn install from the previous “building a model” step this jar would be in the local maven repo
    and would work, but jsf-main is not using it. However, my jsf-test wouldn’t work because its not getting to the model, so i
    included the above dependency in jsf-test pom.xml, I was running in your not-so-favorite IDE, but it wouldn’t run from
    WIn7 command line either until i added this dependency. any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

    I also had a problem with the tomcat zip version, i had to update it to 7.0.54, seems .32 is no longer available. Is there
    a way to “generisize” this ie anything > 7.0.32 ?

    Thanks – this is definitely helping me learn cucumber!

    Comment by timr — July 4, 2014 @ 08:36

    • Hi!

      I am not entirely sure what you are doing wrong with the dependencies. I know that I build the entire project when I create the example.

      The Tomcat reference is a fragile part. The Tomcat team doesn’t keep all old versions around. If I created this example today, I would probably not use Tomcat this way. I would use a servlet container that I can obtain as a dependency from The Central Repository,


      Comment by Thomas Sundberg — July 5, 2014 @ 11:53

      • Hi,

        Sorry, my bad! It was a cut/paste error on my end, I mixed the model in with this code.
        I am now on to the Rest example and have a maven question – I will write it under the comments there

        thanks for the great tutorial/example!

        Comment by Tim — July 11, 2014 @ 19:26

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at

%d bloggers like this: